eoStar is looking for a Director, Software Engineering.
As Director, Software Engineering, you will provide technology leadership, guiding architectural and design decisions. You will deliver and support multiple aspects of our platform, services, and associated architecture patterns.
You will support multiple technologies with the primary focus on Microsoft tech stack and mobile development. You must be able to provide career coaching and support for team members to develop their technical, business, and professional skills. You will be able to identify and remove impediments, while successfully driving towards key initiatives. Building and maintaining strong relationships and earning and maintaining confidence with both customers and business leaders are critically important responsibilities for this role. The ideal candidate may be located anywhere within the United States.
What will you own?
- Providing technical expertise and leading a global team of software engineers, responsible for building platforms, API and cloud native applications based on Microservice and monolithic architecture
- You will be responsible for leading custom projects and will work close with the Product Manager on innovations.
- Architecture and Architecture reviews for Next Gen SaaS / Cloud offering
- As part of Technology Leadership team, collaborate with your peers to lead various strategy imperatives across different regions as well as business domains
- Articulating and communicating technology concepts to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists and software engineers
- Building and leading a large team in the development and rapid delivery of platform capabilities
- Monitor and manage all activities and critical path tasks to ensure on-time solution delivery and cross-team, cross-organizational coordination, and communication
- Build and maintain internal and external relationships at all levels – from engineers to executives
- Act as a self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment and have an ability to work independently on complex problems and collaborate across cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computers, Software and/or its equivalent
- 16+ years’ experience in software development with Microsoft technology
- 12+ years building and leading software engineering teams
- 5+ years’ experience in Agile practices and/or DevOps
- 3+ years in building and delivering cloud-native applications (pref. Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with mobile application and architecture
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in the distribution industry
- Hands-on active coding experience
- understanding of payment domain is plus
Why Should You Apply?
- Top Benefits (401(k), Health, Dental, Vision)
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off
*Perks: Free gym membership, personal hardware reimbursement, and free food!
Founded in 1986, eoStar has over 70 employees based in the United States. The company’s main product is the eoStar ERP solution. Deployed in over 40 states, eoStar is the leading ERP system in the beverage space, installed at some of the most successful MillerCoors, Anheuser-Bush, and Coca-Cola distributors. Our mission is simple, help others succeed. We provide solutions that make it possible for others to thrive; our customers, employees, and community.
eoStar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.