The Product Owner (PO) role is a member of the extended Product Management team and crucial member of the Agile Team. The PO owns the Team/Sprint backlog representing the single source of truth and is the single point of contact to the Dev team and Customer team for user story details. This position will be called upon to make tough decisions, whether it is a go/no-go decision, balancing risks versus reward, pros/cons, dependencies, cost/benefit analysis, or ROI of resource investment. You must stand behind your decision with facts and data. Must be able to recognize when to change course and reverse a decision, subscribing to the philosophy of learning fast, and moving on. This position reports to the Director of Product Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritize and manage the product backlog
- Help define user stories and acceptance criteria
- Remain highly available to the Dev teams during each iteration (sprint) in order to answer real time questions and provide clarity to user stories
- Act as a liaison across various teams (Development/Product/QA/Customer/Support/Sales)
- Work with Product Managers and Development teams to understand use cases, features, and product goals
- Drive product enhancements that increase value and grow revenue
- Understand and articulate customer needs
- Ensures a business outcome is achieved and customers receive a product that provides value, whether it’s an MVP or mature product with a new feature
- Requires a solid understanding of the inter-relations of our business – financial, marketing, sales, partnerships, customer service, stores, technical capabilities, user experience.
- 2-5+ years of experience as a Product Owner
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- High-level of analytical problem solving skills
- Experience working with a Scrum team to define user stories and acceptance criteria
- Strong ability to take ownership and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Adequate knowledge of software design
- Familiarity with business analysis methods and techniques
- Experience with Agile tools (ADO, Aha)
- Certified PO (CSPO)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst
- Previous experience as a Product/UX designer
Founded in 1986, eoStar has over 70 employees based in the United States. The company’s main product is the eoStar ERP solution. Deployed in over 40 states, eoStar is the leading ERP system in the beverage space, installed at some of the most successful MillerCoors, Anheuser-Bush, and Coca-Cola distributors. Our mission is simple, help others succeed. We provide solutions that make it possible for others to thrive; our customers, employees, and community.
eoStar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.